Thursday, June 12, 2008

Falling in Love

This blog is about falling in love.....with me.
In my journey of understanding unschooling I attended the
LIFE is Good
NW Unschooling Conference
(http://www.lifeisgoodconference.com/). I realized there that if I am to be able to offer love and compassion to my children and my spouse I must be able to treat myself the same. I have always been paralyzed by fear and insecurity. Unable to write what might be embarrassing to my future self. I lay awake deep into the night churning out witty insightful paragraphs in my mind. Only to delete everything before I post it the next morning.
Falling in Love is irrational. It's self absorbed, it's being absorbed with the object of your love and all that they love. So that is what I am going to do. And while I do enjoy occasionally poking fun at things/ideas and I love more than anything to make people laugh long and loud, mostly I will be falling in love with me.

No comments: